We hope everyone is staying safe during these trying times. A lot of us are self-isolating, social distancing, and spending a lot more time at home. We thought sharing another recipe with you all might be of use and a fun task to keep busy. How about trying this delicious spread?
One of our most popular jams at Kims is the…
Tomato and Passionfruit Jam
10 Passionfruits (3/4 cup pulp)
1 ¼ kg Graded Sugar – warmed
- Wash, peel and roughly chop tomatoes
- Remove pulp from passionfruit and put half the skins into a saucepan, add enough water to cover and boil for 20 minutes
- Scoop out the softened inner skin, set aside and discard the outer skin
- Put tomatoes and passionfruit pulp into a heavy based saucepan and bring to the boil
- Add the scraping from the skin and the sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved and setting pot is reached
- Pot into warm sterile jars
Setting point for jam is 105c (220F) so a good way to test for setting point is to have a sugar thermometer clipped to the side of your saucepan, with the end dipped in the boiling jam mixture. Once the boiling mixture has reached the correct temperature then your jam should set.
We’d love to see how you go! So, please don’t forget to post on your Facebook and Instagram and tag us at @kimsbeachsidereatreat #kimsbeachsideretreat