Guests who have stayed at Kims know how delicious our homemade jams and marmalades are. For over 60 years, we have laid out our selection in a long row of Mason jars every morning at breakfast. They offer a colourful sight, but an even better taste.
A common question we are asked is if we sell these homemade jams and marmalades. Unfortunately, we do not — but due to popular demand we’ve risen up to the occasion to share our recipes.
The recipe we would like to share is our very popular…
Tahitian Lime Marmalade
450g Tahitian Limes or regular Limes
700g Graded Sugar
- Wash and thinly peel the limes. Finely slice the rind
- Halve the limes and squeeze the juice
- Chop the pulp and tie in a muslin bag with the pips
- Put the rind, juice muslin bag and water into a heavy based saucepan
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour
- Remove the bag, add sugar and stir over a gentle heat until sugar is dissolved
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes until setting point is reached
- Pot into warm sterile jars
Setting point for jam is 105c (220F) so a good way to test for setting point is to have a sugar thermometer clipped to the side of your saucepan, with the end dipped in the boiling jam mixture. Once the boiling mixture has reached the correct temperature then your jam should set.
And it’s as easy as that! Serve and enjoy!
We’d love to see how you go! So, please don’t forget to post
on your Facebook and Instagram and tag us at @kimsbeachsidereatreat #kimsbeachsideretreat