Our traditional Russian Easter cake made every year for guests served on Easter Sunday!
1. Line a steamed pudding bowl with plastic wrap.
2. Beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth and very light. Stir in the egg yolks until smooth again, and then add remaining ingredients. Blending until smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into the prepared bowl, making sure it’s filled evenly with no air bubbles. Smooth over the top and cover with plastic.
4. Set in the fridge for a couple of days.
5. Turn out onto a platter and remove plastic. Smooth any creases out with a spatula.
6. Serve on Easter Sunday.
750g Philly cream cheese
120g unsalted butter
225g icing sugar
3 egg yolks
50g blanched slivered almonds
150g mixed Glace’ fruit
(a mixture of dried apricots, red and green glace cherries and mixed peel)
2 Tbl sultanas
2 lemons – grated rind only
Rosewater or Cognac to taste